[cl-prevalence-devel] Patch to serialization.lisp for sbcl

Randall Randall randall at randallsquared.com
Sat Oct 2 08:14:19 UTC 2004

On Oct 1, 2004, at 9:49 PM, Anthony Juckel wrote:
> implementation.  Also, I've modified it somewhat from the formula
> followed by the other lisps.  Rather than simply returning all slots
> for the object, I only return those slots which are currently bound
> for the object.  I leave it up to you to decide whether this is a
> useful addition or not.

I was planning to add (if Sven doesn't object) some
sort of unbound slot handling (since I would expect
unbound slots to remain unbound after unserialization,
and currently the serialization code just dies if a
slot is unbound.

So I agree that something needs to be done about
unbound slots, but I don't agree that ignoring them
is the best solution.

--
Randall Randall <randall at randallsquared.com>
"And no practical definition of freedom would be complete