[cl-ppcre-devel] Fwd: string length limit ?

Mario Maio mario.maio at libero.it
Sat Apr 9 15:41:51 UTC 2011

Sorry if this is a trivial issue, I'm a common lisp newbie.

If I apply the following very simple command (replacing one or more
consecutive CR chars with one LF char)

(cl-ppcre:regex-replace-all (concatenate 'string (string #\return) "+")
mystring  (string #\linefeed))

to my string of 455079 characters (loaded from a utf-8 file), some of
the last #\return characters are not substituted (even if they should,
since if a apply again the command to the resulting string they ARE
subsituted).
It looks like in the search there is a sort of length limit, or maybe some string length mistake connected to multi-byte characters representation ?

Cheers.

Mario