[cl-pdf-devel] Problems with international characters

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Sun Aug 27 13:49:16 UTC 2006

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 12:14:11PM +0400, Dmitriy Ivanov wrote:
: "Jonathon McKitrick" <jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> wrote:
:
: | : Please take a look at http://lisp.ystok.ru/cl-pdf.html for a starter.
: |
: | I'm confused by the different types of font files: afm versus ufm, as well
: | as the different load functions for each.
:
: I generate afms from ttfs by means of ttf2p1. The afms are based on a
: single-byte encoding. I do not use ufm-based approach.

Okay, that is helpful.  I will have to try that after I figure out how to fix
the bug I found.

A single byte encoding handles latin *and* cyrillic characters?

: BTW, have you tried to replace utf8 with latin-1, e.g.
:
: ;; -*- mode: lisp; encoding: latin-1 -*-

In which source file?  The data I am generating is from PostGreSQL, which is
set for unicode.

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.