[cl-pdf-devel] Problems with unicode fonts

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Sat Aug 26 14:55:36 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm having issues with unicode fonts, and I have a deadline looming, so I'd
appreciate any help.

All I want to do is find a simple helvetica or arial font that supports all
the latin1 characters, as well as copyright/trademark symbols.  I used ttf2p1
on a utf8 TT font, and I got a .afm file, not .ufm.  I tried it anyway, and
the pdf output for that font was garbage... little gray squares.

How do I
1.  Select a utf8 font that will work with the following steps.
2.  Convert said font to something cl-pdf will use.
3.  Read said font into cl-pdf.
4.  Generate pdf output from utf8 input.

I'd happily RTFM here, but there's very little FM to R.  I read the list
archives back to when unicode was introduced, and that led to the problem in
the paragraph above.

Has anyone else solved this problem who would be willing to point me in the
right direction?

If all else fails, I'll apply Dmitriy's patches and try that.

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.