[cl-pdf-devel] [ANNOUNCE] cl-pdf-parser

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Mon Sep 5 20:53:03 UTC 2005

Hi Luis,

>I was just looking for something like this and read this announcement
>in the mailing list archives. Good stuff!

Thanks :)

>I have a question though. Is it possible to take a couple of pages in
>some document, modify them (scaling, rotating, adding content, etc..)
>and then draw them in another document's page? If so, any hints would
>be most appreciated. If not, what functionality is missing?

Sure it's possible:
You open a page with with-existing-page then you draw on it, you can also
rotate, translate, scale, etc. then you call  #'insert-original-page-content
to insert the original content of the page. and after that you can write
again on the page.

If you want to write the content of another page then you have to look at
how insert-original-page-content is implemented and modify it by adding an
optional page number so that you can insert the content of a specified page
instead of the current one.
If the page uses resources like fonts, XObjects, etc. you have to copy them
to the local page resources.

When you have finished it, don't forget to send it to me so that I can put
it in cl-pdf-parser. ;-)

Cheers,

Marc