[cl-pdf-devel] Fonts?

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Sun May 29 09:41:49 UTC 2005

"Peter Seibel" <peter at gigamonkeys.com> writes:

> So does cl-pdf support only Type 1 because of something intrinsic in
> PDF or is it just a matter of programming to teach it to grok Truetype
> fonts as well. And what about this new thing, OpenType?

PDF can use Truetype fonts but it's not in cl-pdf as the font metrics is
needed to be able to use the font anyway. It's possible to extract this
information from a truetype file but it's not done yet. I think I've seen a
cl-truetype somewhere which could be used for that. [Real time google
check...] Looks like Zach Beane has something like that:
www.xach.com/lisp/cl-truetype/
So maybe it's relatively simple.

I don't know if OpenType fonts are supported yet in pdf (It's not in the PDF
reference 1.5).

Marc