[cl-l10n-devel] enable/disable-l10n-syntax

sean at guruhut.com sean at guruhut.com
Tue Jun 6 14:14:01 UTC 2006

Hi,
 Sorry for the late reply, life's been a little busy lately.

> The attached patch implements two new macros (enable- and disable-
> l10n-syntax) similar to the ones found in cl-interpol and clsql. The
> patch depends on cl-l10n-external-formats.diff.

I've taken a look at your patch and it seems quite nice,
the only thing i'm not too sure of is that it statically
binds in the locale name when enable-l10n-syntax is run.
I'm leaning more along the lines of 'when you want a specific
locale just rebind *locale* to something appropriate'.
So instead of

(enable-l10n-syntax *my-bundle* "af_ZA")
#i"howareyou" =>  "Hoe lyk it"

we would say
(enable-l10n-syntax *my-bundle*)
#i"howareyou" =>  "Hoe lyk it" or "How are you" depending on the
value of *locale* when the program is actually run.

I'm not in a position right now to apply a patch but i'll get to
it in a short while.

Cheers,
  Sean.