[cl-json-devel] asdf:load-op for tests (cl-json.test) not only loads test code, but tries to run it (with errors)

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Nov 28 14:22:28 UTC 2011

On 11/27/11 Nov 27 -10:10 PM, Anton Vodonosov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I want to integrate cl-json tests into a bigger test suite.
>
> There is a small problem in cl-json.test system definition.
>
> I expect that I load the tests code by
>
> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :cl-json.test)
>
> And the call FiveAM test runner (I can not just use asdf:test-op because it doesn't
> return any test status).
>
> But (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :cl-json.test) tries to not only load, but also to to execute the
> tests code, because file testjson.lisp is included into the cl-json.test system. The file
> contains just
>
>         (in-package :json-test)
>         (run! 'json)
>
> It is obviously a mistake, moreover running the tests require *json-test-files-path*
> to be initialized, but this happens only in the :after method of load-op.

Yes, you should be able to simply remove that file from the build system.

This line from the test system definition:

  :in-order-to ((test-op (load-op "cl-json.test")))

can also go, as this dependency (in order to do a test-op you need to do
the load-op first) is now imposed by asdf.'

I have not been able pull from the project darcs repo this morning.  Is
anyone else having this problem?

cheers,