[cl-json-devel] asdf:load-op for tests (cl-json.test) not only loads test code, but tries to run it (with errors)

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Mon Nov 28 04:10:48 UTC 2011

Hello.

I want to integrate cl-json tests into a bigger test suite.

There is a small problem in cl-json.test system definition.

I expect that I load the tests code by

(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :cl-json.test)

And the call FiveAM test runner (I can not just use asdf:test-op because it doesn't
return any test status).

But (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :cl-json.test) tries to not only load, but also to to execute the
tests code, because file testjson.lisp is included into the cl-json.test system. The file
contains just

        (in-package :json-test)
        (run! 'json)

It is obviously a mistake, moreover running the tests require *json-test-files-path*
to be initialized, but this happens only in the :after method of load-op.

Best regards,
- Anton