[cl-gtk2-devel] possible bug: pointer slot added to all classes by cl-gtk2

Kalyanov Dmitry kalyanov.dmitry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 17:51:23 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 20 April 2010 21:30:56, Tamas Papp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After I load cl-gtk2-gtk, a POINTER slot is added to all classes, not
> just cl-gtk2 classes.  Eg if in SLIME I type C-c C-s after
>
> (defclass foo () ())
> (make-instance 'foo
>
> I get
>
> (make-instance 'foo initargs... :pointer pointer)
>
> This may have something to do with MOP, but I don't know enough to
> debug it.  It would be nice if this could be fixed, it is a minor
> annoyance.  If that matters, I am using the latest cl-gtk2 from the
> repository, and SBCL 1.0.37.47.

cl-gtk2 does not add poiner slot to any class except its own (e.g., call
(closer-mop:class-slots (find-class 'foo)) - the pointer slot won't be there).
SLIME arglist for make-instance is wrong in this case. This might be because
cl-gtk2 defines methods on make-instance and initialize-instance that accept
the :pointer keyword argument and it somehow confuses slime.