[cl-gd-devel] images from binary data

Hans Hübner hans at huebner.org
Mon Apr 28 13:48:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
>  I wonder if it would make sense to use a common-lisp.net repository
>  instead of my local one so that "interested third parties" could go
>  wild on the code.  Hans?  Ryszard?  Anyone else?

I have no current plans to change cl-gd, but I would be gladly
reviewing patches and act as a peer reviewer.

>  BTW, what are your thoughts on this issue?
>
>   http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/cl-gd-devel/2008-January/thread.html
>
>  As I said, I think the Right Thing[TM] would be to get rid of
>  LOAD-GD-GLUE and to load the C libs on demand using relative pathnames
>  to make integration with delivered applications painless.

I agree - It would be preferable if the glue library would be
integrated with the standard shared library loading mechanism that the
host Lisp provides for.  The explicit loading has been paining me a
few times, but I always was able to somehow work around it.  If
someone wants to take the stab (Ryszard?) and put some work into
cl-gd, I can test on several platforms and also review the code.

Ryszard, the WITH-RESIZED-IMAGE macro looks useful, although as you
might imagine I have my own version of this function.  For the sake of
the next user, I'd like to see your macro added.  I would lose the %
prefixes in your gensymed macro names, though, and use
WITH-UNIQUE-NAMES instead.

-Hans