[cl-gd-devel] images from binary data

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Apr 28 13:32:36 UTC 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:15:05 +0200, "Hans Hübner" <hans at huebner.org> wrote:

> gdImageCreateFrom*Ptr function (available in GD2)

Ah, I wasn't aware of that.

> I'm not sure how many cl-gd users there are, but I'm certainly one
> of them.  So please, if you add this, do it in an additive fashion
> :)

FWIW, I currently am /not/ a CL-GD user... :)

I wonder if it would make sense to use a common-lisp.net repository
instead of my local one so that "interested third parties" could go
wild on the code.  Hans?  Ryszard?  Anyone else?

BTW, what are your thoughts on this issue?

  http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/cl-gd-devel/2008-January/thread.html

As I said, I think the Right Thing[TM] would be to get rid of
LOAD-GD-GLUE and to load the C libs on demand using relative pathnames
to make integration with delivered applications painless.