[cffi-devel] Groveller bitfield support

Nicolas Martyanoff khaelin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 16:17:05 UTC 2011

Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Nicolas Martyanoff <khaelin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If the people which manage the git repository don't have the time (for
>> the last 10 months…) to apply a trivial patch (1 minute top), would they
>> consider giving a commit bit to people that can ?
>
> Applying the patch is indeed trivial. Verifying that it works
> correctly is not as trivial. Adding the missing documentation bits to
> the User Manual takes a little bit of extra time too.
>
> Anyway, maintenance help is of course most welcome. In that regard,
> the one thing that cffi-grovel is currently missing the most is a test
> suite. If you're inclined to work on that, that'd be great. I'd start
> with a bitfield test case.

In that case, please just say clearly on launchpad "we won't include it
because there's no doc and/or no test case" :)

If the official answer is simply "we don't want it", I'll just fork the
git repository. The issue was the absence of feedback, nothing more.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Martyanoff
   http://codemore.org