[cffi-devel] Groveller bitfield support

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 14:58:35 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Nicolas Martyanoff <khaelin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there something that prevents committing this patch ? I use it in
> three different personal projects, it works.

Thanks, that is useful feedback.

> If the people which manage the git repository don't have the time (for
> the last 10 months…) to apply a trivial patch (1 minute top), would they
> consider giving a commit bit to people that can ?

Applying the patch is indeed trivial. Verifying that it works
correctly is not as trivial. Adding the missing documentation bits to
the User Manual takes a little bit of extra time too.

Anyway, maintenance help is of course most welcome. In that regard,
the one thing that cffi-grovel is currently missing the most is a test
suite. If you're inclined to work on that, that'd be great. I'd start
with a bitfield test case.

Luís Oliveira
http://r42.eu/~luis/