[cffi-devel] uffi compatible library

Gustavo gugamilare at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 02:01:41 UTC 2010

Hello, again,

I've added support for :out, :in-out and :copy direction arguments except
for defcfun with &rest args. The patch is attached, it includes some tests.
Anyone may feel free to add more tests if it is convenient.

For defcfun with &rest arguments, I still need to test so I didn't include
it in my patch. I'll do that tomorrow.

Changing subject, I noted that, *without* my changes, there are 4 unexpected
failures with cffi in my system (and 2 expected).

The tests FUNCALL.VARARGS.DOUBLE, DEFCFUN.VARARGS.FLOAT,
DEFCFUN.VARARGS.DOUBLE fail because of localization issues. Here in Brazil,
we write "3,14" instead of "3.14" and sprintf takes that into account. Not a
big problem, though, just notifying.

The test DEFCFUN.BFF.2 fails, I suspect it is because of the precision of
doubles. The function returns the first, the second is expected.

7758614624042983568
7758614658402721936

The expected failures are STRING.ENCODING.UTF-16.BASIC and
STRING.ENCODINGS.ALL.BASIC.

SBCL 1.0.40, 32-bit Ubuntu.

Now, except for those tests that were already failing, my changes didn't
fail even a single one of them :)

Gustavo.