[cffi-devel] cffi newbie questions

Kevin Smith k2msmith at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 17:30:28 UTC 2010

I need an interface from SBCL to a a set of "C" function in the OpenCV
library.  I don't think there is a bindings package available for opencv, so
I need to carve my own.  Currently cffi (transparently) with cl-opengl, so
it appears to be working property.

Some questions to get me going in the right direction:

I have swig 2.0 built on my system which has some support for CFFI (although
not very well documented - at least for beginners).

Should I go with the option of trying to use SWIG to generate some bindings
or should I just dig into CFFI and hand-create the bindings that I need ?
 Also if anyone can send me references to any examples,  I would appreciate.
 The functions that I need in OpenCV reference C structures representing
images that have pointers in them to byte arrays  as well as various flags
and integer types - just to give you an idea...I'd like to stay in lisp as
much as possible, but my lack of access to OpenCV is pushing more of this
code into C.

thanks,

-K