[cffi-devel] XCVB patch for CFFI

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Fri Oct 23 14:31:57 UTC 2009

Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:

> The changes could conceivably be contained in a single file, though
> unhappily not with the current version of XCVB. Also, it makes things
> noticeably harder for the Make backend if the meaning of a file
> depends on data in a central file shared by all - basically, you can't
> let Make rely on timestamps anymore, and/or you must rebuild
> everything when the central file changes. Which is one of the
> annoyances of ASDF.

Well, the problem that I personally see is that you urge maintainers to
maintain inter-file dependencies in two different places for each file
involved.

I thought that you provided an asdf-compatibility mode where you parse
the .asd file to obtain the dependency information from. Is that not the
case?

  -T.