[cffi-devel] CFFI 0.9.0 Release

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 01:17:02 UTC 2006

On 2/22/06, Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril <Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> wrote:

> Of course, you're free to tag any version with any number you like.
> Here are points I'd like to see addressed:
>
> [snip]

May I add:

4. support stdcall in addition to the cdecl calling convention.

I know this was briefly discussed once before. The lack of
stdcall has caused both CLISP and LispWorks to crash for
me when I use the Win32 EnumChildWindows API function,
which takes a callback that must be declared as stdcall [1]
I can provide a self-contained testcase that demonstrates
the problem, if that would be helpful.

I am currently using the obvious workaround right
now of coding directly to the vendor FFI for this case.

One the one hand, I think this is also something that could
be addressed prior to 1.0, but on the other hand, I personally
can continue with my workaround. It's more a question of
how many other folks are affected by this.

--
Jack Unrue

[1] Win32 window procedures are also supposed to be declared
stdcall, but due to luck, I have been able to get away with
cdecl in this case.