[cffi-devel] result reporting for random numeric tests in tests/random-tester.lisp

Stephen Compall s11 at member.fsf.org
Thu Aug 31 09:39:55 UTC 2006

Stephen Compall wrote:
> Shall it print RT test names and expect
> you to analyze the temporary C/Lisp files?  Shall it print type
> signatures as well?

Implemented this.  It works, but I get plenty of failed tests, and
keeping the tempfiles on test failure doesn't quite work; I will work
out something for that, possibly by removing use of do-tests.

http://scompall.nocandysw.com/cffi/randtest-1.darcs.patch is a darcs patch

Thu Aug 31 04:34:08 CDT 2006  Stephen Compall <scompall at nocandysw.com>
  * Make working driver for run-random-numeric-tests

  * Rename `combinations' to `permutations', because that's what they
    really are.
  * `gen-function-test' and `gen-callback-test' now answer the RT test
    name (a symbol) as their second values.
  * *test-c-header* and *library-symbol-name*: new variables.
  * random-range: Off-by-one error.
  * c-function: missing open paren for void*->unsigned-int cast.
  * may-be-gentestname-p didn't really work as was, so now using new
    helper string-starts-with-p.
  * Rename write-test-pair to prepare-test-pair, and split it up.  It
    also answers its RT test names.
  * Bleeding useful new helper `shlib-target-name'.
  * prepare-make-target, write-*-preamble: New functions.

--
Stephen Compall
http://scompall.nocandysw.com/blog