[cffi-devel] result reporting for random numeric tests in tests/random-tester.lisp

Stephen Compall s11 at member.fsf.org
Mon Aug 28 03:36:13 UTC 2006

I'm almost finished with a random test generator in
tests/random-tester.lisp.  However, I'd like to know how you would
like results to be reported by the main driver function,
`run-random-numeric-tests'.  Shall it print RT test names and expect
you to analyze the temporary C/Lisp files?  Shall it print type
signatures as well?  Shall it try to find what types the failed tests
have in common?

I'd like to provide all convenient information without overengineering
any further than I already may have.

There is also the possibility that I have misinterpreted how "random"
should be parameterized with regard to tests.

Everything I have so far:

http://scompall.nocandysw.com/cffi/randtest-0.darcs.patch is a darcs patch

http://scompall.nocandysw.com/cffi/randtest-0.diff is `darcs whatsnew'
output on the file

log: A random numeric test generator (except outermost driver code)

* Everything on pages "Temporary file generation" and "Test driver and
  result handling", and most of "Random test selection" is new.

* Add a "stream" argument to C-FUNCTION and C-CALLBACK.

* `output-c-code' is broken, and I don't know whether it's useful, so
  snap it in half more permanently.

--
Stephen Compall
http://scompall.nocandysw.com/blog