[cffi-devel] bits from a new tutorial

Marco Antoniotti marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu
Thu Dec 22 17:14:53 UTC 2005

On Dec 22, 2005, at 5:14 AM, Luís Oliveira wrote:

> On 2005-dec-22, at 07:12, Stephen Compall wrote:
>> I am writing a CFFI tutorial, to be integrated into the manual when it
>> is done if the maintainers will have it.
>
> Looks great, you write very well!
>
> A few minor notes:
>
> - You suggest UFFI-COMPAT is not complete. Well, it should be complete
> (though likely not bug free). It passes all of the uffi-tests and is
> known to work with (and find bugs in) a couple of UFFI libraries.
>
> - (defctype :curl-code :int) -- Hmm, using the keyword namespace for
> user-defined types. I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Some people have
> also suggested that using the keyword namespace for CFFI types isn't a
> good idea either.

I am just a lurker here.  But this is definitively something I feel
strongly about.  No abuses of the KEYWORD package should go unpunished.
:)

Please export the relevant symbols from the CFFI package.

Cheers

--
Marco Antoniotti					http://bioinformatics.nyu.edu/~marcoxa
NYU Courant Bioinformatics Group		tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488