[cffi-devel] bits from a new tutorial

Martin Simmons martin at lispworks.com
Thu Dec 22 14:48:10 UTC 2005

>>>>> On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:30:20 +0000, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Lu=EDs_Oliveira?= <luismbo at gmail.com> said:
  Luís> DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;

  Luís> On 2005-dec-22, at 13:15, Martin Simmons wrote:
  >> No, LispWorks doesn't support that kind of call with random run-
  >> time types.
  >> The problem is that some of the low level calling conventions are
  >> very baroque
  >> in which registers they use to pass the arguments, so supporting a
  >> call
  >> pattern with run-time types is too complicated.

  Luís> Actually, cffi:foreign-funcall's type arguments aren't evaluated.
  Luís> Does this help?

Yes, that makes it much easier!

I saw the function curl-easy-setopt in the tutorial...

Martin Simmons                              Email: martin at lispworks.com
LispWorks Ltd, St John's Innovation Centre    TEL:   +44 1223 421860
Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 0WS, England.      FAX:   +44 870 2206189