[cells-gtk-devel] Re: Roberto

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 23:43:28 UTC 2008

Dmitri Hrapof wrote:
> Peter Hildebrandt пишет:
>> I have never thought about a graphic UI designer.  I won't have the
>> resources it would take to get this right, but it could be a cool
>> project.
> CLG supports Glade. Basically it boils down to parsing XML and creating
> widget instances along the way, so I think it wouldn't be very hard to
> port it to cells. That said, I'm even simpler a programmer, so I won't
> do it myself anytime soon :)

Well, you got a point here.  Parsing Glade's XML files would be a good
way out, especially since we could inspire our parser by clg's ;-)

> BTW, an offtopic question (I'm afraid to forget it): how do we implement
> RAII idiom with CLOS (to release a foreign object)? WITH-FOREIGN-OBJECT
> macro? is there something like a destructor?

What is RAII?  I'm afraid I fail to parse your question, sorry.

FWIW, foreign objects are allocated with foreign-allocate and freed with
foreign-free (or something the like).  with-foreign-object encloses its
body with calls to allocate and free the foreign object.  There is no
such thing as a clos destructor.  You might look into finalizers, which
are related.

HTH,
Peter