[cells-gtk-devel] UTF-8 support

Ingo Bormuth Bormuth at web.de
Thu Jan 17 12:52:08 UTC 2008

> Peter Hildebrandt wrote:
>
> > Not for me -- It looks like I can't pass the result of
> > string-to-octets where a :gtk-string is expected, for example: (*b* is
> > the result of mk-button)
>
> Hm, strange... I do not remember doing anything else...
>
> Who exactly is complaining about type mismatch?

This is what I get from SLIME:

The value of STRING is #(69 56 53 46 52), which is not of type STRING.
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-TYPE-ERROR]

Restarts:
 0: [ABORT] Return to SLIME's top level.
 1: [TERMINATE-THREAD] Terminate this thread (#<THREAD "repl-thread" {AF96EE9}>)

Backtrace:
  0: ((LAMBDA (CELLS-GTK::C)) #<SIMPLE-TYPE-ERROR {C302719}>)
  1: ((LAMBDA (CELLS-GTK::C)) #<SIMPLE-TYPE-ERROR {C302719}>)
  2: (START-APP MAIN-WINDOW)
  [...]