[cells-gtk-devel] UTF-8 support

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 12:18:48 UTC 2008

> (defun sto (s) (sb-ext:string-to-octets s :external-format :utf-8))
> (gtk-label-new (sto "Формат посылки"))
>
> It worked, and I didn't look for another solution.

Not for me -- It looks like I can't pass the result of string-to-octets
where a :gtk-string is expected, for example: (*b* is the result of
mk-button)

(gtk-button-set-label (id *b*) (sto "s"))
The value of STRING is #(115), which is not of type STRING.
    [Condition of type SIMPLE-TYPE-ERROR]

What else do I need to use the result of sto in gtk api calls?

Thanks,
Peter