[cells-gtk-devel] Building cells-gtk on Ubuntu7.10

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 19:11:30 UTC 2008

Hi Greg,

welcome aboard.  I run cells-gtk on ubuntu 7.10 as well, so it is
possible to begin with :-)

So the first thing to do is to check whether you have the required
library in the usual location, that is in /usr/lib:

ls -l /usr/lib/|grep libgob.*\.so

For me there are:

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root       26 2007-11-21 20:38 libgobject-2.0.so ->
libgobject-2.0.so.0.1400.1
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root       26 2007-11-04 17:45 libgobject-2.0.so.0
-> libgobject-2.0.so.0.1400.1
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   241168 2007-09-17 12:04 libgobject-2.0.so.0.1400.1

The first two are symbolic links pointing to the last (which is the
real library here, recognizable by the size (fourth column)).

So probably what you need to do is create a symlink in there:

cd /usr/lib
sudo ln -s <your-real-library> libgobject-2.0.so

That should fix it.

Btw, the 2006 build is obviously quite old, so you might consider
using the current version from cvs or even the cells-gtk3 version (if
you feel adventerous).

Peter