[cells-gtk-devel] CMUCL support?

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey.k.cunningham at boeing.com
Thu Jul 6 19:56:01 UTC 2006

Hello;

I'm new to this list. I'm trying to install cells-gtk (6/30/2006
version) on a current CMUCL system and running into the "failure to
load xxx.so" problem. Has anyone worked this successfully?

First it was libcellsgtk.so but I got past this by creating a soft
link from /usr/local/lib to the libcellsgtk.so version provided in the
tarball.

Next I get this error:

; Byte Compiling Top-Level Form:
; Byte Compiling Top-Level Form:
; Converted LOAD-GTK-LIBS.
; Compiling DEFUN LOAD-GTK-LIBS:
; Byte Compiling Top-Level Form:
Unable to load foreign library: libgobject-2.0.so
Error flushed ...

This library exists in /usr/lib already, so I created a softlink in
/usr/local/lib as before, but it doesn't fix it. I also copied the
library into /usr/lib but no success.

Regards,

-- Jeff