[cells-gtk-devel] Re: Cells-gtk now UFFI-ized, running under AllegroCL and Lispworks on win32, next stop OS/X.

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Fri Dec 24 04:28:11 UTC 2004

> Speaking of Page 1,2,3: the items in the tree-box look like pointers
> to strings instead of strings proper, but this has to wait until
> tomorrow or until I learn enough about gtk and cells to find out how
> to control what gets in there, whichever comes last.

Not sure to what you refer, but my touchstone is Vasilis's original, and
when I fired that up I saw the same things there. This might mean we
have the same bug as Vasilis, or that that that is what he meant to
display, or that my memory is mistaken. :)

> I wish it did. Instead, I just did (print (type-of gva)), saw that the
> result was always the same, and declared gva's type accordingly.

Diabolical. "Find out where my people are going so I may lead them." :)

> But won't porting be easier if there are less conditionalizations?

Absolutely, but "fatigue doth make cowards of us all". :) I guess I have
seen enough FFI for a while. I remember when I used to do Lisp and
OpenGL.... <g>. Seriously, thanks for pitching in.

kenny