[cells-gtk-devel] Re: Cells-gtk now UFFI-ized, running under AllegroCL and Lispworks on win32, next stop OS/X.

Andras Simon asimon at math.bme.hu
Fri Dec 24 02:36:33 UTC 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Kenny Tilton wrote:

> Done. And I knocked out tree-view for CMU. I also noticed why the tabs were
> coming up "Page 1,2,3". Duh. Fixed.

Speaking of Page 1,2,3: the items in the tree-box look like pointers to
strings instead of strings proper, but this has to wait until tomorrow or
until I learn enough about gtk and cells to find out how to control what
gets in there, whichever comes last.

>>> Can someone translate the above deftype into a more uffi-friendly form,
>>> so it doesn't have to be conditionalized?
>>
> By the way, looks like your FFI is coming up to speed. :)

I wish it did. Instead, I just did (print (type-of gva)), saw that the
result was always the same, and declared gva's type accordingly.

> Agreed that all-UFFI is better, but at this core level a little
> conditionalization should not hurt. Hopefully those hoping to use this code
> for GUI development will never need to touch this code. I did the same
> getting Lispworks up to speed. I just want to get a nice, portable, friendly,
> Cells-y GUI framework out there for Common Lisp. Niceties will fall into
> place if the thing catches on with users. But thanks for your attention to
> detail.

But won't porting be easier if there are less conditionalizations?

Andras