[cells-devel] PLT-Scheme cells?

Stefano Dissegna stefano.dissegna at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 11:45:36 UTC 2008

2008/9/4 Kenny Tilton <kennytilton at optonline.net>

> Stefano Dissegna wrote:
>
>> I didn't actually tried this, but it looks very similar to cells. What do
>> you think?
>>
>> http://docs.plt-scheme.org/frtime/index.html
>>

> Yep, same idea. Looks like a pain, tho, all this business about "lifting".
>
> kt
>

> --
> http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

I've read more about FrTime, and the big difference with Cells is that in
FrTime *every* value acts as an input cell and every expression is a
formula, i.e. everything is built-in, because FrTime redefines all scheme's
primitives (this seems quite too intrusive to me). To avoid performance
issues, there is an optimizer that "unlifts" constant values and
expressions. Another difference is that FrTime is not tied to an OO system.