[cells-devel] observer design question

Frank Goenninger frgo at mac.com
Fri Mar 28 14:49:43 UTC 2008

Andy,

I don't get what you want to achieve...

Am 28.03.2008 um 14:17 schrieb Andy Chambers:
> My model consists of a family tree of objects all of which have an
> xhtml ruled cell.  The client needs to
> be updated if the value of this slot has changed.  However, a change
> in one would cascade up
> the tree so if we were logging these changes, and sending them down to
> the client, one of the
> things we send would be the entire document which is not what we want.
>
> How do I set up the observer to log the change only if it has not been
> accounted for already.

Is it:

A kid's observer is firing due to a change but that change should not
be reaching the client because the parent's observer's firing is
enough for the (web) client to react to? If so, you could suppress the
sending of a web client update when *parent* is bound and is not nil
(this is meant to mean: I have a parent, so I am a kid. As a kid I
don't need to update the client).

???

Frank