[cells-devel] CVS weirdness? Kenny weirdness?

Ken Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Thu Mar 27 11:15:47 UTC 2008

Peter Hildebrandt wrote:

> Mea culpa!  I don't know why CVS does not show my comment, but it was me
> who tried that at some point.

Cool. What happened was a math problem has a non-kids slot for a
solution, which is a tree of possible paths to an answer, aka a family
subclass. the top solution node is meant to have no parent. children
nodes search up the tree to calculate the total cost of their path.

The solution was for a problem embedded in a view and the solution tree
expansion got kicked off while the problem view was growing, so the
top-level solution mysteriously picked up the row widget (bound to
*parent*) as parent because of the default-initarg (itself a diabolical
trick picking up a special variable value, never saw that one before.
(And that is the great thing about powerful tools, people always find
new ways to use them.)

> OT:  Thanks for mentioning me in the Hunchocells thread.  However, even
> though I believe this is a very promising (and fun) project, I am afraid
> I won't have the time to make any substantial contributions.

Well, any ideas you can throw over the wall as the traffic sails by will
be welcome.