[cells-devel] Celtk/cells: No Widgets! Help!

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at ocf.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 13 21:15:39 UTC 2006

On 4/13/06, Frank Goenninger <fgoenninger at prion.de> wrote:
> Hi again ...
>
> With substantial help I was able to get some more stuff to work as
> expected. Now I am struggling with the fact that the menubar does
> indeed have the menus I installed but the few widgets I placed into
> the window simply don't appear...
>
> Hmm - well, yes, why?? (As always, there's a FRGO placed here and there)
>
> How do I debug what is being sent to wish ?

Ltk itself obeys a variable *debug-tk* which, when true, causes it to
echo everything to *standard-output*.  Since it looks like Kenny has
his own format-wish function, you'll need to edit those.

However, mysteriously missing widgets sounds like something isn't
being packed.  You may have a situation like:

  toplevel

    +-frame

        +widget
        +widget

Where you pack the two widgets, but not the frame.  Or, maybe you're
mixing grid and pack, which can be tricky.