[cells-devel] Thought For Someone Who Would Use Cells to Do Prolog

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Tue May 31 00:58:58 UTC 2005

Thomas F. Burdick wrote:

>Kenny Tilton writes:
> >

> > Thomas F. Burdick wrote:
> >
> > >Now to look at your recent changes, and to actually restore the old
> > >dependencies on backtracking.
> > >
> > Ouch, hadn't thought of that one. And the pulse-stamp, and.... have fun. :)
>
>And the pulse-stamp.  Ay.
>
>So, for the moment, I've made a new system: KNOB (KNowledgeable
>OBjects).

Great name, justification enough for the project. :)

> In the world of KR, Cells, Cosi, etc, it's a one-trick pony
>that does targeted backtracking.  If it turns out to be a good idea,
>I'll try to incorporate KNOB-style backtracking (whatever that turns
>out to be) into Cells.  In the meantime, it's a lot easier to make
>changes to a 300-line, non-industrial-quality object system :-)

Boy, I can imagine. But tell me you are at least using CLOS!

>Actually, I think I've found an interesting design space.  At least
>it's interesting to me, and lets me express some problems nicely yet
>efficiently that I couldn't with either Cells nor KR nor Prolog.  But
>I'm still working it out, so integrating it into Cells will be left
>for a time when I have more confidence in my approach.

Sounds neat.

kenny

--
Cells? : http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/
Cello? : http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cello/

"Doctor, I wrestled with reality for forty years, and I am happy to state that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd