[cells-devel] Thought For Someone Who Would Use Cells to Do Prolog

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Thu May 26 04:20:02 UTC 2005

If your Prolog-in-CL uses  slot readers/accessors, dependencies will
arise. So the position (or whatever GUI layout attribute you have in
mind) can be calculated by a cl-prolog operating over CLOS instances via
CLOS slot accessor GFs, and the necessary dataflow will arise naturally.

The invocation of the cl-prolog computation will have to require dynamic
insertion of initializing/configuring facts. The cell rule calculating
the result will specify these facts from other cell values, and supply
the calculating form. This then neatly embeds Prolog within Cells, with
the Prolog both driving and driven by Cells. Yet one gets (I presume)
the greater performance from a dedicated prolog working on a fixed set
of facts (for the duration of a single calculation).

Not very sure of the above, btw.

kenny

--
Cells? : http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/
Cello? : http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cello/

"Doctor, I wrestled with reality for forty years, and I am happy to state that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd