[cells-devel] cells-gtk status

Peter Denno peter.denno at nist.gov
Fri May 6 18:14:05 UTC 2005

On Friday 06 May 2005 13:38, rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
> Would it be possible for someone on the list to clue us in on the
> status of Cells-gtk now that there is a new version of Cells?

In my work I switched to a new version of cells April 28 -- whatever was
available then. I haven't noticed any difference.

As I have read on this list, cells 2.0 is mostly just reorganization (bringing
utils-kt under the cells directory).

I hope to do some work on cells-gtk in the next few weeks (adding some
abilities to combo-box -- it can be made to use the tree model to allow
hierarchical organization, look into use with sbcl ... among other things).
At that time, I'll make a tarball using the current version of 2.0...but I
don' think it should matter much.

Or has there been some substantial changes that are affecting the use of
cells-gtk ???

> A while ago there was a lot of email traffic that seemed to be
> concerned with this issue, but as a newcomer, I really didn't follow
> it.  It SEEMED like there was some version skew, but I didn't
> understand.

Maybe you are referring to a discussion between myself and Kenny Tilton on the
cells-gtk list about the /possibility/ of that occurring over time ???

--
- Best regards,
   Peter