[cells-devel] cells-gtk status

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Fri May 6 18:05:06 UTC 2005

rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:

>Would it be possible for someone on the list to clue us in on the
>status of Cells-gtk now that there is a new version of Cells?
>
>A while ago there was a lot of email traffic that seemed to be
>concerned with this issue, but as a newcomer, I really didn't follow
>it.  It SEEMED like there was some version skew, but I didn't
>understand.

As I understand it, the folks in cells-gtk maintain a tarball known to
have everything you need, including cells and utils-kt, isoloating the
crew from any tossing and turning in the Cells world.

My understanding was that cells-gtk worked OK with cells after a tweak
or two, but I might be mistaken, and at any rate they will not pull
Cells-2 into the tarball without making sure it all works. Note, btw,
that cells-gtk already uses a version including the new technology of
cells-2, just not the actual source release that Mr. Brudick made.

ie, Just grab the tarball and you probably do not need to worry about
any cells-2 release issues.

kenny