[cells-devel] New Cells User Feedback (includes patch!)

Peter Denno peter.denno at nist.gov
Sat Apr 23 20:38:32 UTC 2005

On Friday 22 April 2005 23:03, Kenny Tilton wrote:
> well, keep the pestering up (13 more days to go) and we can do something.
>
> Is hello-c (or whatever we want to call "UFFI extended to support
> callbacks into Lisp from C as well as CLisp")

Hello-c is fine with me.

> going to get enough
> attention to warrant its own c-l.net project?

Got me. I haven't had time to think about it yet. Do you suppose there are
other projects that would use it?

> Should utils-kt quietly be redundantly added to Cells and hello-c? Or is
> it fine as a module under Cells? I doubt it is worth making into its own
> project, as at least one other did.

Maybe added to cells makes most sense. I'm not too crazy of the idea of a
separate module for utilities. We each have our own such collection and I'd
like to add a few of mine wherever they are useful.

In my thinking, a module ought to support a bounded, well-defined purpose --
either as a component of a system or as a set of operations on a single kind
of object. Utilities aren't like that.

--
- Best regards,
   Peter