[cells-devel] Cello updates and... OS X or Bust!!!!

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Sun Oct 17 20:20:03 UTC 2004

Kenny Tilton writes:
 > Just updated CVS with a long-needed refactoring of the key layout class
 > hierarchy under IX-INLINE.
 >
 > Also added a new shape to the fancy Cello demo, the simple nurbs shape
 > in the OpenGL Red Book. It turned out to be quite a poser because of my
 > use of display lists. Kind of a gap in the OpenGL doc, but I got lucky
 > and figured out what was going on. Turns out it is a frequent gotcha.
 >
 > Anyway, my once silent laptop now never shuts up, so it may be time to
 > get a four-fan Mac desktop and start working there. I cannot tolerate
 > Windows XP much longer anyway, as little as I interact with it. Gotta
 > use my developer discount by November, too. And since I am starting on
 > an educational software project, OS X compatibility is a little more
 > urgent than would otherwise be the case.
 >
 > So whoop-dee-doo, Cello heads for OS X!

Cool.  What dev environment are you using over here?  You mentioned on
cll something about there being an aspect of asdf that you couldn't
abide -- since you're now in the world of no-Allegro-IDE, what would
that be?