[cells-devel] Cello updates and... OS X or Bust!!!!

Frank Goenninger frank_goenninger at t-online.de
Fri Oct 15 20:45:38 UTC 2004

Hi Kenny & all Cells/Cello fellows:

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 05:58, Kenny Tilton wrote:
> Just updated CVS with a long-needed refactoring of the key layout class
> hierarchy under IX-INLINE.
>
> Also added a new shape to the fancy Cello demo, the simple nurbs shape
> in the OpenGL Red Book. It turned out to be quite a poser because of my
> use of display lists. Kind of a gap in the OpenGL doc, but I got lucky
> and figured out what was going on. Turns out it is a frequent gotcha.

Congrats!

> Anyway, my once silent laptop now never shuts up, so it may be time to
> get a four-fan Mac desktop and start working there. I cannot tolerate
> Windows XP much longer anyway, as little as I interact with it. Gotta
> use my developer discount by November, too. And since I am starting on
> an educational software project, OS X compatibility is a little more
> urgent than would otherwise be the case.
>
> So whoop-dee-doo, Cello heads for OS X!

Well, meanwhile I am a proud owner of a Powerbook with Mac OS X 10.3
Panther installed...

I am now free to choose my computing environment as I quit my job at
Deloitte Consulting to open up my own company: PRION Consulting Services
AG: PLM and IT Management Consulting (Ok, enough marketing blah-blah)

Obvious thing to do is expand my knowledge concerning Common Lisp to the
OS X platform under OpenMCL. I already began configuring ASDF et al to
have the foundation ready for my next adventure: Cello!

I downloaded the Cells package via ASDF-INSTALL but just got the Cells
package only, with no Cello in it (and it also seems somewhat outdated).

Do I have to go to CVS checking it out manually or do you plan to make a
recent release of Cells including Cello available for ASDF-INSTALL ?

Thx for info.

Happy hacking!

> kenny

Cheers Kenny,