[cells-devel] Re: Almost... Linux/ACL62Trial...

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Wed Feb 25 15:01:54 UTC 2004

Frank,

Fantastic! Screenshot and ChangeLog both. If it was not 10AM here I
would go get drunk. :)

There is an excellent chance the type error will be cured by the fixes
Lispworks demanded. there were several issues caused by fixnum type
declarations and forms like (the fixnum XXX) where the values (opengl
coordinates) were floats instead of fixnums. (OpenGL indeed allows float
coordinates, something I did not grok when I was writing that code.)

I will apply for a common-lisp.net Cello project now. This is a real
breakthrough. I am encouraged that all the issues were typical porting
hassles--this could mean other ports will go smoothly as well.

Do you want to make the announcement on c.l.l. or shall I? If latter,
can I share the screenshot?

How do we create the first release of Cello? Do you want to send me a
gzip of what you have so I can merge your changes with my latest, or
would you rather take my latest and merge over there and then...

You know, this is getting interesting. I component-ized Cello when I
heard there were problems with the libraries. You fixed the lib problem,
but I still think the reorg is a good idea. Do we start by releasing
what I just mailed to cells-devel, viz. a Cello using only the Glut?
Then we can release separate libs for cello-ftgl and cello-magick. Each
lib would include demos which do not assume the other has been installed.

Thx, Frank!!

kenny

Frank Goenninger wrote:

>Hi Kenny and all the others:
>
>It's almost done. To show progress I took a screenshot. See attached
>file.
>
>Execution still breaks with
>
>(CELLO::BINGO CELLO::GLUT CELLO::LEAVE #<TYPE-ERROR @ #x71c8508a>)
>C-STOP> stopping because TOP-HANDLER
>Error: `NIL' is not of the expected type `NUMBER'
>  [condition type: TYPE-ERROR]
>
>but this seems somehow related to...

yep