[cells-devel] PortaGLUT: FTGLFromC.cpp: Cannot load C++ object file into ACL6.2

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Mon Feb 23 22:12:52 UTC 2004

I cannot help directly, but two thoughts:

1. my understanding is that Franz will consider tech support questions
like this from trial users. Especially since you covered the bases and
tried it from C and it worked. If not, maybe they will take the question
from me since I am licensed on win32 and they like me because I am
always talking them up on c.l.l. :)

2. If this looks like the only problem, two workarounds (as much as I
dig FTGL):

a. PortaGlut will use the very limited Glut fonts. That would suck, but
at least it gets the thing ported with fonts left as an open item.

b. ImageMagick documentation mentions FreeType support. Not sure how
extensive or how efficient this will be, but texture fonts are the
fastest and most flexible of even the FTGL fonts, so I think this would
be a fine compromise.

Let me get my PortaGlut thing out, then I will do a CelloGlut release
(no FTGL or ImageMagick) using just the Glut fonts, then I'll do a
CelloMagick add-on, etc etc.