[cells-devel] Can someone help Rui? Re: lisp + glut

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Tue Nov 18 19:31:28 UTC 2003

Kenny Tilton wrote:

> OK, the first thing you need is the cmucl described by mr. burdick
> earlier today, including his (I am guessing -- there were two
> candidates) patches to cmu to support callbacks from C. If perchance
> there is some quick way to confirm that is working (an included test C
> stub lib?), you can eliminate that variable moving forward. Then...
>
> ...repeat using UFFI as your FFI. Now UFFI is utterly devoid of
> callback support precisely because folks like CMU did not support
> callbacks, but do as I did with win32 CLs: get callbacks working by
> extending UFFI with stuff that works for CMU. Use FFI wherever
> possible. I will post tomorrow (when I am not exhausted) a zip of my
> stuff, so you can just add some #+cmu features to my callback
> extensions to UFFI.
>
> At this point FG works, CMU callbacks work, CMU+UFFI works with
> callbacks...time to CMU+UFFI+FG. What that will entail is building my
> UFFI bindings to opengl (hopefully not a problem) and then getting
> maybe a hundred lines of CL (Lesson 14 of Nehe) to work.
>
> Jan, thx for jumping in on this.

Two things:

1. I am scrambling trying to get ready for this evening so no ZIP just yet.

2. I realize the above is a lot. :) If you just want to hang tight till
next week I may surprise us all and figure out Linux and CMUCL and CVS
and GCC and apt-get and EMACS and make and configure and... but it all
needs doing at some point, so it may as well be now.