[cells-devel] Can someone help Rui? Re: lisp + glut

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Nov 17 23:58:44 UTC 2003

Rui:

Get the pre-19a binary snapshot from here:

  ftp://cmucl.cons.org/pub/lisp/cmucl/snapshots/2003/11/

And get the source tarball, too.  These snapshots have (and the next
official release will have) support for callbacks on x86.  Anyone
interested in callbacks on the SPARC who wouldn't be able to write the
assembly-language trampoline, can ask me for my callbacks module, or
bug me to port the one in CVS.  You'll have to look at the comments
and docstrings in src/code/alieneval.lisp for details on how to use
DEFCALLBACK and CALLBACK, because they're not documented in the manual
yet.

Since UFFI doesn't support callbacks, you'll have to use
ALIEN:DEFCALLBACK directly, or add callback support to UFFI yourself.
This should be enough to get you started -- if you run into problems,
crosspost your questions to here and cmcul-help.

--
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |