[cells-devel] Doc?

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Nov 10 09:00:56 UTC 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 00:29:25 -0500, Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> Something that looks like a reference? Or a series of tutorials?
> Other?

I'd very much prefer a simple tutorial ("do this, then do that,
then...") followed by a complete reference manual which explains every
exported symbol (macro, function, ...) in detail.

I usually shy away from packages without good reference docs ("look at
the source, buddy") because they look like the author hasn't settled
on a consistent API yet. If everything is written down, you - as a
user - have a chance to decide what is expected behaviour and what is
a bug (and what is missing). And the author forces himself to stay
more or less on track, or at least alert the users of significant
changes.

I'm trying to do these with my own published stuff at least.

Cheers,
Edi.