[cells-devel] Doc?

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Mon Nov 10 05:29:25 UTC 2003

I spent the weekend working on resurrecting Cello, the (in principle)
portable GUI built atop Cells. The only changes planned now are backing
off various forkings and letting especially FreeGlut alone. That much
worked pretty easily, and after noticing that my intended new font
engine is actually a C++ library, well, I could make it work since I
have my own C DLL anyway to get to the OS fonts, but for now I think
I'll keep things simple and just go with my own glue to the OS font
functionality. Stuff I am reading says this may be optimal anyway,
because it can segue into texture fonts, apparently the best for
performance and scalability, and even anti-aliasing.

So Cello (such as it is) looks to be under control, and so I want to get
back to Cells and do up some documentation. The first thing will be a
write-up of a nice little use case to which Cells were applied. I keep
promising to do that, and tomorrow I will really try to Just Do It.

Then what?

Something that looks like a reference? Or a series of tutorials? Other?

kenny

--
http://tilton-technology.com