[cello-devel] Where can I see the screenshots and obtain a copy of Cello?

Adam Olsen arolsen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 16:02:43 UTC 2009

First off, thanks Kennith and Frank for responding so quickly.  Now:

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Frank Goenninger<frgo at me.com> wrote:
> Well,
>
> currently there is no official site where you can see screen shots,
> unfortunately. Also, Cello, in its current state, is not ready-to-use
> just like that. That means: You would need some effort to get it to
> work in your environment (mostly because it depends on a number of
> external libraries). Furthermore, Cello does not provide any
> predefined set of widgets or controls. You have to roll your own. It'
> pretty straight forward, but still. Now, if you are still interested:

Ah, probably not for me.  I don't officially know Common Lisp (yet).
I've been reading Practical Common Lisp and I've really been liking
what I've seen so far.  In the past I've always learned a new language
by figuring out a project and just writing it.  I haven't quite
figured the project out yet, but I've been looking around to see what
libraries were available for CL, and yours popped up as the first hit
for a GUI toolkit on Google.  While it does sound cool, it's probably
out of my league at this point.

Thanks again for responding so quickly, though.

--
Adam Olsen
http://www.vimtips.org