[cello-devel] scroller

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Thu Apr 8 13:19:07 UTC 2004

Thomas F. Burdick wrote:

>Kenny Tilton writes:
>
> > Do I know how to make friends, or what?
>
>Heh, reeeaaaly diplomatic.
>
>[snip]
>
> > clicking above or below the thumb now correctlt moves just a
> > page. oops, which reminds me, I have to implement the feature which
> > says that holding after the click makes the scroller scroll by
> > pages until the mouse is released, albeit after waiting
> > double-click time.
>
>Ick, this sounds like the road to grunginess.

Grungy?? That's just the way scroll bars work. I was raised on the Mac,
where consistency was valued. And in this case win32 bars work the same.

>  Have you read about
>Garnet's interactors?

I would use multiple inheritance and avoid the complexification of
adding a whole new mechanism. The Cello GUI hierarchy, for example, has
radio-button-ness as a mixin, so it can be a check box, bullet, or even
a pushbutton (that stays in while selected, like a real car radio button
back in the day.) Of course Garnet is not CLOS, so interactors are
probably a very nice substitute.

kt

--
Home? http://tilton-technology.com