[zlib-devel] failure to compile with ASDF3's checked deferred warnings

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 02:07:34 UTC 2013

; file: /home/testgrid/quicklisp-patched2/dists/quicklisp/software/zlib-20101006-cvs/src/zlib.lisp
; in: DEFUN ZLIB::ENCODE-FIXED-HUFFMAN-BLOCK
;     (MULTIPLE-VALUE-SETQ (POSITION LENGTH)
;       (ZLIB::FIND-BEST-MATCH ZLIB::BUFFER ZLIB::MATCH ZLIB::I))
; --> VALUES PROG1 LET SETF LET* MULTIPLE-VALUE-BIND MULTIPLE-VALUE-CALL
; --> FUNCTION VALUES
; ==>
;   (SETQ LENGTH #:NEW747)
;
; caught WARNING:
;   undefined variable: LENGTH

; ==>
;   (SETQ POSITION #:NEW746)
;
; caught WARNING:
;   undefined variable: POSITION
;
; compilation unit finished
;   Undefined variables:
;     LENGTH POSITION
;   caught 2 WARNING conditions

Between what I think, what I try to say, what I think I say, what I actually
say, what you want to hear, what you hear, what you think you understand,
what you want to understand and what you do understand, there are at least
nine ways to not understand each other.