[xcvb-devel] XCVB .510 - stable again and with bug fixes

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 21:43:11 UTC 2010

XCVB .510 is stable again. Passes all self-tests on sbcl, ccl, clisp,
though I had to disable POIU with CLISP, because it somehow fails
(looks like CLISP might be eating our SIGCHLD or something).

Notable bug fixes include proper treatment of dependencies for
generated files (oops), proper use of environment variables to specify
a custom lisp binary, especially useful for
XCCL=/path/to/single-threaded-ccl, fix a breakage that disabled
CFASLs, etc. Also included in the release are the latest versions of
ASDF and POIU, so it all works. Various internals were updated that
will make some of the future features possible, with respect to
virtualizing pathnames between the two passes of execution (graph
building and computation walking).

Speaking of which, if you have pointers on ways to better specify what
effects may or may not happen when (where depending on the strategy,
"when" may change), I'm curious.

Judge and party — the ultimate nature of a monopoly government.